Wednesday, 27 February 2013

A Little Site Preview


This is a web site I am working on for my Dad’s business; he is a chiropractor, living and working on the opposite coast from me in Nova Scotia. He tells me he needs a new web site; I believe the old one was designed before we started calling it the internet. Okay, it's not that old, I think it was made for Netscape Navigator 3.0 though and it has been retired by now.

Here is a screenshot of what I have so far:



This is a tweaked version of an Adobe Dreamweaver layout. I built it using a Dreamweaver extension called FlexiLayouts 2, and have since been adapting the code for use within my project. For this project I am using an MVC architecture.

The technologies I’m using for the project are:

  • Microsoft ASP.NET MVC Framework 4.0 (using C#)
  • Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web
  • BitBucket Version Control (Git)
  • Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 (with FlexiLayouts 2 extension)

I started out planning on using PHP with the Yii framework, and I even went as far as building a LAMP stack on my Raspberry Pi for testing, but I’m really enjoying using Visual Studio right now. Also, I really want to continue learning more about C# and Visual Studio. So here I am using their Microsoft's MVC framework and looking into a small shared hosting plan. The downside is that I can't make use of my girlfriend’s Linux server.

Anyway, back to work…

No comments:

Post a Comment